Cecilia’s husband of one year, Alfredo (who is not Rene’s father) claims Cecilia and Rene simply left one day and never came back. Cecilia left a goodbye-card and her wedding and engagement rings, and Alfredo got a typewritten letter a few days later. The letter said Cecilia (who is originally from El Salvador) was moving to Honduras with a guy named Arturo.
However, foul play is suspected in their cases. Cecilia was eight months pregnant, and women don’t usually pick that time to make major life changes or travel internationally. Furthermore, all of her and Rene’s belongings were left behind, including Cecilia’s car, their clothes and Rene’s glasses.
Some general questions that occur to me with the info that’s available:
- Did Cecilia and Rene’s passports disappear with them? Did Rene even have a passport?
- Was there any record of either of them leaving the United States?
- Did Cecilia even know how to type? Did she usually type her letters?
- Did Alfredo own a typewriter? If so, did the police check and see if it had been used to write that letter?
- Was Rene’s father a presence in their lives, and has he been ruled out as a suspect?
- Does Alfredo have a criminal record or a history of violence towards women?
If he’s still alive, Rene would now be 30 years old. I think he’s probably still six. And I don’t think his younger sibling was ever born.