This list is of people who are biracial and of African-American and Hispanic descent. On this entry I wrote about a missing young girl who was listed as Hispanic but “looked” black to me. Someone posted the following comment:
I just wanted mention that being Latino and looking Black are not separate cultural states. There are many Latinos who are of Afro-Caribbean heritage given that a great deal of Latin America takes place in the Caribbean and historically much of the African slave trade took folks to Latin American islands and nations on the Caribbean and near-Atlantic.
This list isn’t that long; I expect there are probably more people on Charley that meet the requirements, that I just don’t know about.
- Patrick Kennedy Alford Jr.
- Osvaldo Baro
- Terrance S. Bonilla
- Michael James Borges
- Devin Janelle Brown-Bousetta
- Kamyle Stephanie Burgos Ortiz
- Gebar Lynon Byrd Jr.
- Marco Antonio Cadenas
- Keyla Contreras
- Natasha Paula Corley
- Pinkie Mae Davis-Herron
- Nadia Lynn Drummond
- Acacia Nicole Duvall and Jon Pierre Duvall
- Sarah Raquel Elsafi and Tariq Ahmed Elsafi
- Youssef Nabil Elsayed Hassan
- Kristopher Bryan Lewis
- Gustavo Machado
- Natanalie Marie Perez
- Victor Leonard Richardson III
- Rolando Salas Jusino
- Abigail Smith and Isabell Lena Smith
- Irwin Yafeth Stewart
- Jocelyn Emilia Turcios
- Elyssa Marie Vasquez
I’m at home. Internet is not shut off yet, so I took the opportunity to update my missing person of the week. This time it’s 18-year-old Jason Lee Armstrong, missing from Tulsa, Oklahoma. Unfortunately I know very little about his case, not even the exact date of disappearance — just that his family last heard from him sometime in August 2000. He wasn’t reported missing till 2004.
This week’s Flashback Friday case is Dermot Faulkner Kelly, who disappeared from Oglesby, Illinois on January 30, 1972, at the age of sixteen. The circumstances of his case make it unclear whether he died in a drowning accident/suicide or, perhaps, left of his own accord to make a new life elsewhere. If he did run away he didn’t take anything with him, and there hasn’t been any sign of him since 1972.
This list is for kids over the age of ten where one or both of the child’s parents (or step-parents, or guardians) is a suspect or possible suspect in their disappearance, or the circumstances indicate they could be involved. I’m not talking about family abduction cases, I mean cases where they think the parent killed the child. I’m including murder-without-a-body cases.
Child abuse and neglect occurs at all ages, of course, but it’s my understanding that child abuse deaths in older kids are relatively rare. I don’t know much about this sort of thing but my guess would be it’s because older kids are both less fragile and more capable of defending themselves than infants and toddlers.
I’m grouping these kids in alphabetical order by age, and the suspect is in parentheses. In a lot of these cases, other family members — siblings or a parent — are also missing.
- Sheketah Michele Brown, 10 (father)
- Shakeima Ann Cabbagestalk, 10 (stepfather)
- Kristopher Charles Loesch, 10 (mother and mother’s girlfriend)
- Reagan Cordell Uden, 10 (stepfather)
- Karen Zhou, 10 (stepfather)
- Haleigh Breann Culwell, 11 (stepfather)
- Richard Lee Haynes Jr., 11 (father and stepmother)
- Adam Joseph Herrman, 11 or 12 (adoptive parents)
- Barry James Kephart II, 11 (father)
- Billy Sena, 11 (mother’s live-in boyfriend)
- Richard Loren Uden, 11 (stepfather)
- Terry Lee Westerfield, 11 (stepfather)
- Debra Jean Cole, 12 (mother’s live-in boyfriend)
- Crystal Gayle Dittmeyer, 12 (stepfather)
- Ivy Matory, 12 (stepfather)
- Jaliek L. Rainwalker, 12 (adoptive father)
- Doreen Jane Vincent, 12 (father)
- Melinda Karen Creech, 13 (mother)
- Kelly Jean Harris, 13 (stepfather)
- Rachel Marie Mellon, 13 (stepfather)
- Rachanda Lea Pickle, 13 (stepfather)
- Ricky Lane Thomas Jr., 13 (stepfather)
- Aundria Michelle Bowman, 14 (adoptive father)
- Toni Lynn McNatt-Chiappetta, 14 (father)
- Christina Marchell Richart, 14 (foster mother; her biological uncle’s wife)
- Monique Christine Daniels, 15 (stepfather)
- Tammy Sue Rothganger, 15 (stepfather)
- Jason Sims Jr., 15 (parents)
- Bethany Anne Sinclair, 15 (mother’s live-in boyfriend)
- Joyce Irene Cogburn, 15 (male temporary guardian)
- William Dale Gunn, 15 (stepfather)
- Josephine Yvette Cogburn, 16 (male temporary guardian)
- Margarette Ann Cuauhtli, 16 (adoptive father)
- Mindi Chambers, 17 (father)
- Alissa Marie Turney, 17 (stepfather; legally adopted her)
Honorable mention: Richard Gorham, 11. His mother’s live-in boyfriend is a suspect in his disappearance. However, Richard was living with his grandfather, Roland Himebrook, when he went missing. Himebrook disappeared too.