A suspect named David Misch has been charged with murder in the 1988 kidnapping of nine-year-old Michaela Joy Garecht. I’ve never heard of Misch before, but he’s apparently a serial killer: he has been imprisoned for one murder since 1989, and in 2018 he was charged with the 1986 double murder of Michelle Xavier and Jennifer Duey. He’s still awaiting trial in that case.
Misch is now 59, which means that in 1988 he was
only about 17 years old. The fact that he was already committing such serious crimes before he was even out of his teens is pretty horrifying. 27 years old. I can’t math.
He left a partial palm print on Michaela’s scooter, which is what led to the charges. Apparently there’s DNA evidence too.
Obviously her Charley Project page will need updating.
- Man charged with murdering Michaela Garecht 3 decades after Hayward girl’s disappearance
- Michaela Garecht’s mother reads heartbreaking letter after man charged in daughter’s 1988 murder
- Suspect arrested in 1988 Michaela Garecht kidnapping case, Hayward police announce
- Suspect in kidnapping, murder of Michaela Garecht due in court today
- 1st court appearance for man accused of 1988 murder of Michaela Garecht
- DNA leads to arrest of possible serial killer in Michaela Garecht cold case