So I wrote earlier about how they were digging up a suspected mass grave in Michigan, and thought as many as five missing girls might be there. I’ll list them again:
- Cynthia Coon, 13, missing from Washtenaw County since January 19, 1970
- Nadine Jean O’Dell, 16, missing from Inkster since August 16, 1974
- Kimberly Alice King, 12, missing from Warren since September 16, 1979
- Kim Marie Larrow, 13, missing from Canton since June 8, 1981
- Kellie Marie Brownlee, 17, missing from Novi since May 20, 1982
Well, after a solid week out there with shovels and relatives pitching in (!), the dig is finished and they found…nothing. No human remains.
Obviously this is a profound disappointment for everybody and I have to wonder if there’s anyone out there at all. The police haven’t given up, at least not officially; they stated they quit in part because of weather and in part because they were “evaluating today what our next step is.”
It appears they have not found anything so far. However, it keeps these cases in the local public eye, and that law enforcement is still inteested in solvinng them. Who knows maybe someone will come forward with a lead that will help solve these cases.