I’m not sure this has ever happened before

Got an email today from a self-professed psychic who claims she knows, through her “visions,” where a missing child (very cold case) is. I’ve often complained about what a waste of time it is when people send me tips that should go to law enforcement. But I’ve never got a tip from a psychic before.

For future reference, if you hadn’t guessed already, I don’t believe in ESP and put no stock whatsoever in psychic visions. I think some of them genuinely believe they have a gift but most of them are just opportunists who prey on people’s anxieties and hopes.

5 thoughts on “I’m not sure this has ever happened before

  1. Shawnee April 30, 2015 / 6:56 pm

    I agree! If there is something substantial then it should go right to the police! As always, good job with all you do!!!

  2. Jenna April 30, 2015 / 11:08 pm

    What case? I ask because honestly my childhood best friend has still never been found. Has she told the police? She is probably a quack but is she can some how give a family peace she should let the police go look!

  3. Peter Henderson Jr. May 1, 2015 / 7:50 am

    Mark Klaas of the Klaas Kids Foundation calls the self professes “gifted ones” emotional vampires, who will take your money but never bring your children home. They show up every time someone vanishes. Take what they can from a case ( money , publicity, TV interviews, est.) but never lead investigators to the person, alive or dead.

    A case in point is Amanda Berry She said in a recent ABC interview that the worst day in the ten years she was held captive was the day she saw Silvia Browne, the so-called spiritual teacher and psychic, ( the well documented fraud ) go on TV and tell her mother that she was dead.

    TV host Montel Williams apologized to Amanda online for Browne’s false perdition but never has he apologized for all the years she scammed other desperate families on his show.

  4. Schmoops May 1, 2015 / 9:31 am

    I am glad to see this post, Meaghan. I believe 90% of “psychics” are out and out con artists and the other 10% are just delusional, which is basically the same mindset you have. I thought I read once that there has never been a missing person case solved by a psychic, but I could be wrong.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s