Here’s some of the cooler things that happened to me in the past year:
- Rollo finally got deported to the armpit of Africa.
- Y’all bought me a computer named Orville, whom I love and cherish.
- I learned how to braid hair.
- I began studying the Dutch language, using the really handy Duolingo app on my phone. I highly recommend Duolingo; it’s free and you can also learn Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Irish Gaelic, Danish and Swedish. (Why did I choose Dutch? Simple: it’s supposed to be the easiest language for English speakers to learn.)
- I donated dozens of books and one DVD to the library.
- I had 25 entries run on Executed Today.
- I read 185 books, slightly fewer than last year. That’s about one book every two days. I suppose that seems like a lot, but I read fewer books every year and am more than a little disturbed by this fact. There was a lot of true crime and history this year and comparatively little YA fiction or Holocaust stories.
- I added 215 books to my “to read” list (not counting the books I added and then subsequently removed after I read them.) The list is currently 1,060 books long. Why do I get the feeling I will never catch up?