I got an email from somebody asking me about a missing baby case I have on Charley. The baby in question, I noted, has a certain birthmark. The person wants to know what my exact source was for that info. The problem is that I don’t have it. I haven’t touched that case since 2007, and the birthmark info was there before even then. I don’t remember when I added that part, or even if I did; for all I know, the birthmark may be a piece of info left over from the MPCCN days. All I’ve got is that list of sources at the bottom of the page. There are six and three are newspapers. The words “needle” and “haystack” come to mind.
Sometimes I think I really ought to start footnoting my Charley casefiles, Wikipedia style, to avoid this kind of problem.